Well now, doesn’t this suggest a few things…
Okay, if you want a list:
- MSU has even less of a downfield passing threat than does Georgia.
- Fitzgerald is a less effective quarterback when the defense comes after him on the pass rush than is Fromm. So much for the experienced guy.
- Fitzgerald’s also been under pressure more often than Fromm.
- Mississippi State’s bread-and-butter passing game is the short throw. Guess it’s a good thing that Georgia has some inside linebackers who aren’t liabilities in coverage.
- Bonus consideration: Lorenzo Carter is going to be all over the place again Saturday night.