What does it say that Georgia’s boosters have a better hiring/firing track record than the guy who’s ostensibly paid to do it as part of his job?
Daily Archives: March 12, 2018
To the chafing dishes!
- If for some reason you’re dying for a list of the top ten must-see spring games, the Sporting News is here for you. (Georgia’s is #9.)
- North Carolina’s AD gets more than a $60k bonus for the Heels making the NCAA Basketball Tourney. You know how much the players get for that accomplishment.
- South Carolina is also raising prices for football season tickets. Boom times!
- Based on these three stories, I’d say Mississippi State’s offense is going to look different under Joe Moorhead than it did under Dan Mullen. Wonder how that works for Nick Fitzgerald.
- Apparently Tennessee beat out Georgia for a graduate transfer running back from Michigan State.
- “Nowadays, a scholarship and $120 a month just isn’t enough.”
This year marks the fiftieth anniversary of Van Morrison’s epic Astral Weeks album. (Insert “geez, I’m getting old” observation here.) Evidently there’s a new book out that makes it sound like getting the record out was a helluva wild ride.
Anyway, in honor of the occasion, here’s one of my favorite Morrison songs, not just from Astral Weeks, but his entire career, “The Way Young Lovers Do”.