The Red team appears to include the first-team offense and the second-team defense and the Black team looks like it has first-team defense and second-team offense.
The offensive players for the Red team include:
–Quarterbacks Jake Fromm, Stetson Bennett and Sam Vaughn; offensive linemen Kendall Baker, Ben Cleveland, Lamont Gaillard, Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Wilson and Solomon Kindley; running backs D’Andre Swift, Elijah Holyfield and Brian Herrien; tight ends Isaac Nauta and Charlie Woerner; wide receivers Terry Godwin, Mecole Hardman, Riley Ridley, Jayson Stanley and Trey Blount.
And the defensive players for the Red include:
Defensive backs Tray Bishop, Latavious Brini, William Poole, Ameer Speed, Eric Stokes and Tray Bishop; defensive linemen Michael Barnett, Michail Carter, David Marshall, Devonte Wyatt, Justin Young and Chris Barnes; inside linebackers Monty Rice, Natrez Patrick and Jaden Hunter; outside linebackers Keyon Brown, Brenton Cox and Jaleel Laguins.
The defensive players for the Black include: Defensive backs Deandre Baker, Richard LeCounte, Tyrique McGhee, J.R. Reed, William Poole (again), Mark Webb and Jarvis Wilson; defensive linemen Tyler Clark, DaQuan Hawkins-Muckle, Jonathan Ledbetter, Julian Rochester and Malik Herring; inside linebackers Juwan Taylor, Tae Crowder and Nate McBride and outside linebackers D’Andre Walker, Robert Beal and Walter Grant.
The offensive players for the Black include: Quarterbacks Justin Fields, Stetson Bennett (again) and John Seter; offensive linemen Pat Allen, Warren Ericson, DeMarcus Hayes, Trey Hill, Cade Mays and Netori Johnson; running backs Prather Hudson and Ian Donald-McIntyre; tight end Jackson Harris and wide receivers Ahkil Crumpton, J.J. Holloman, Kearis Jackson, Matt Landers and Tyler Simmons.
Kicker Rodrigo Blankenship and punter Marshall Long are on the Red team. Kicker Brooks Buce and punter Bill Rubright are on the Black team.
A few random thoughts:
- The running back arrangement looks a little lopsided, no? Swift (who’s questionable), Holyfield and Herrien vs. Hudson and Donald-McIntyre isn’t what you’d call a level playing field.
- That second-string offensive line doesn’t look too shabby there. I’m looking forward to see how deep that position group really is.
- Stetson Bennett’s gonna be er’rywhere.
- We may be worried about depth on the d-line — although the Red team looks to have a decent bunch at the position — but, man look at the linebackers!
- Should we make anything of Natrez Patrick lining up with the Red team?
And your thoughts?