Grab a plate, campers!
- “In the past 10 years, the University of Tennessee-Knoxville has seen the termination or resignation of two athletic directors, four football or basketball coaches and two chancellors, and buyouts totaling more than $24 million.” Oh, and “The $24 million total does not include buyouts for assistant coaching staffs.”
- Athlon looks at which SEC East team is most likely to challenge Georgia this season. They try hard, but don’t sound very convincing.
- John Infante argues that the impetus behind the NCAA’s transfer rule change that just benefited Shea Patterson was to avoid negative media attention.
- “I have a bone to pick with Georgia.“
- Ugh: “Larry Nassar sexually assaulted at least 25 MSU student-athletes, but there were no NCAA violations, the university has told the college athletics governing body.”
- Ian Boyd looks at switching on defense and sees similarities with… the NBA?
- Bill Belichick picked two Georgia players in the first round of the draft. That’s not unusual for him.
- Mark Emmert’s gonna Mark Emmert.
- It’s never too early to arrange your bowl season schedule.