- One thing you gotta say about Nick Saban — staff continuity is overrated: “He has managed similar situations before, cycling through 39 assistants since arriving at Alabama in 2007 while winning at an absurd pace (132-20).”
- Today, in you kids get offa my lawn!, head coaching edition: “I call a high school kid and ask, ‘You play that Fort Hill?’ I don’t even know the name of it.”
- Paul Myerberg’s SEC power ratings list has a surprise at number four.
- UGA’s Hargrett Library rolls out a new museum exhibit this fall: ‘Fighting Spirit: Wally Butts and
#UGA Football, 1939-1950′.
- Bill Connelly’s Tennessee preview isn’t exactly bubbling with optimism for 2018: “If Pruitt beats Florida or scares a heavyweight while going about 5-7, it’ll be considered a step forward.”
- “You don’t want to be rude about it.” I dunno; if I had a coach texting me literally every thirty minutes, I think I might find that point when it’s okay to be rude.
- Groo notes that simply because of math, Georgia’s recruiting momentum is bound to slow down for a while.
- The first sports bet in Mississippi will come tomorrow.