- One thing you gotta say about Nick Saban — staff continuity is overrated: “He has managed similar situations before, cycling through 39 assistants since arriving at Alabama in 2007 while winning at an absurd pace (132-20).”
- Today, in you kids get offa my lawn!, head coaching edition: “I call a high school kid and ask, ‘You play that Fort Hill?’ I don’t even know the name of it.”
- Paul Myerberg’s SEC power ratings list has a surprise at number four.
- UGA’s Hargrett Library rolls out a new museum exhibit this fall: ‘Fighting Spirit: Wally Butts and
#UGA Football, 1939-1950′.
- Bill Connelly’s Tennessee preview isn’t exactly bubbling with optimism for 2018: “If Pruitt beats Florida or scares a heavyweight while going about 5-7, it’ll be considered a step forward.”
- “You don’t want to be rude about it.” I dunno; if I had a coach texting me literally every thirty minutes, I think I might find that point when it’s okay to be rude.
- Groo notes that simply because of math, Georgia’s recruiting momentum is bound to slow down for a while.
- The first sports bet in Mississippi will come tomorrow.
12 responses to “Tuesday morning buffet”
Connelly doesn’t think much of the Gators chances this season… and the Vols .. wow..
Narduzzi: “…that’s the generation we’re in. They’d rather do that than work.” says the man who coaches a game for a living.
My son plays travel ice hockey & Fortnite is all any of his teammates talk about. These kids are playing 4 to 6 hours per day according to a couple of the parents.
One kid fell out during a drill & his comment after practice was, “I’ve been playing too much Fortnite & am out of shape. I guess I better go outside some.”
I just had to google and find out what it is. My 6 year old asked me last night if I had ever played. He goes to afterschool/summer camp with some older kids (elementary school) so they must talk about it constantly.
I think Myerberg’s pick for #5 is surprising, too.
Overrates the Vols.
26 years, time flies…
LOL at South Carolina… better figure out a way to fire a cannon shot across the bow of the OTHER Bulldogs, too…
I’m going for some serious transitive angst, rooting for MissSt to win big and be the west runner up. The Florida feeling of “is this really what we wanted?” In Mullen would be great.
As someone who has dabbled with betting on CFB for over 45 years, and feels it enhances the season greatly, I cannot really see why I would ever change to betting at sports books. I only do so when in a city/state, where they have huge rooms with wall-to-wall TV screens and I am limited to one TV in my hotel room. I have to admit that is pretty cool, especially when a crowd watching a particular game they have “interest” in breaks into a loud outcry at action on the screen they are following. Beyond that rare occasion, I will stick to betting at home on the computer or telephone.
I do feel the betting parlors will attract the newbie crowd when they are in Nevada, Delaware, NJ, and Mississippi. But I don’t see that additional money being a high percentage of dollars bet, the “shadow” industry is already huge in the US and already has the serious players. (I do feel it will impact the betting on sports like golf, and other sports which are not currently handled by many local bookies.) Much ado about not much, imo. I am glad to see it begin though. Betting, like MJ and prostitution, should always have been legal and regulated, imo.
Aww hell, Mac. Per your last sentence, That will take all the fun out of it.
“Heisman Trophy contender… Jarrett Stidham”. – USA Today.