All part of college football’s rich pageant:
- Peak Grantham: “While Colorado State is less of a challenge than the Wildcats, Todd Grantham saw some positive improvements from his defensive unit.” Does that include the Fightin’ Bobos’ 38 minutes of possession?
- “At various points in the past three seasons, each of the top three teams in this week’s Amway Coaches Poll have leaned on a true freshman…”
- “NCAA announces it will require schools to pay for tuition, fees and books for basketball players who leave after at least two years and want to return to their same school to get undergraduate degree.” Why at least two years there? Why do you think?
- Classy gesture, kids: “The North Carolina football team is helping with relief efforts following the devastation of Hurricane Florence by donating per diem allotments…”
- Per Dave Matter, Mizzou’s best receiver has been nursing a groin injury and its best defensive back suffered a concussion against Purdue. (Both are expected to play Saturday.)
- Missouri’s running game should expect to receive Georgia’s defense’s best shot.
- Larry Scott is all pissy about that California judge’s tentative ruling that show-cause order provisions in the NCAA bylaws violate California law.