Morsels and nuggets, just for you:
- Zamir White’s teammates are waiting for him.
- “According to the “Madness, Inc.” report, $986 million is spent annually on student-athlete scholarships at these schools to support 45,000 student athletes. That ends up being just under $22,000 per student. By comparison, approximately $1.2 billion is spent annually on coaches’ salaries to pay just 4,400 coaches. That averages out to about $273,000 per coach per year.”
- In addition to (allegedly) murdering several hookers, Ted Cruz is accused of doing the same to Texas Tech’s national championship dreams.
- Robert Beal was back at practice yesterday, so running those stadium steps must have paid off.
- Another state looks at a bill allowing for student-athlete compensation.
- Alabama and Oklahoma have scheduled a home and home for… 2032 and 2033.
- There’s only one class in America like this: “The conversation started with a question about using plays suggested by prison inmates and quickly shifted to a Valdosta State custodian named Big John who once offered a helpful tip for the school’s offensive linemen.”
- Just curious — how much of a say-so do you think Fulmer had in the hire of Tee Martin?
- Somebody obviously doesn’t pay attention to who’s in the stands for those cupcake games: “(G-Day) is awesome,” quarterback Jake Fromm said. “It’s really better than a home game because you have only your fans there…”