In his preview, Bill Connelly thinks pretty highly of Notre Dame. Some examples of that:
- The header reads, “Can Notre Dame gain any ground on Clemson and Bama?”
- The sub-header reads, “Brian Kelly’s building a case to perhaps be considered the most successful coach outside the top two.”
- “Mind you, they’ll likely be a top-15 team again.”
- “… they’re perhaps just an upset or two away from a return to the Playoff.”
- “Per S&P+, the Irish are double-digit favorites in nine games…”
The finish to that last quote? “… and a two-touchdown underdog at Georgia.”
Maybe we should be asking if Notre Dame can gain any ground on the Dawgs.