The chafing dishes have been refilled for your dining pleasure.
- In case you didn’t hear, D’Wan Mathis underwent emergency surgery at Piedmont Hospital in Athens on Thursday to remove a cyst that was on his brain.
- Meet George Pickens. (You can bet Jake Fromm will this summer.)
- 247Sports ranks the top twenty college football facilities in the country. Georgia clocks in at number eleven, behind five other SEC programs and number one Clemson.
- While we’re on the subject, Georgia is looking at dropping a cool $80 million on a new football facility, depending on ” … donor support and how it’s financed”.
- Rankity, rank, ranking college football quarterbacks.
- Holy crap — Texas A&M has hired Ole Miss’ Ross Bjork as its new AD. I wonder if Hugh Freeze has a little more spring in his step this morning. (Probably not, since Jimbo is safely ensconced there.)
- “College athletes in California would be able to sign with agents and profit from endorsement deals under a bill that cleared the state Senate…”
- On a related note, Mark Emmert’s net compensation for 2017 was about $2.9 million, a more than $450,000 increase over his pay for the previous year. Further, the NCAA spent $56.6 million on outside legal fees. Gosh, I wonder why.