Grab you some news:
- The Sporting News asks the musical question, Can Georgia Break Up Alabama-Clemson?
- The most recent odds update now has Georgia at 6-1 odds to win the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship.
- Just a reminder to those of you who like to believe that, when it comes to the NFL’s three-year eligibility rule the NCAA is just an innocent bystander, it’s not as innocent as you’d like to believe.
- Boom said during the SEC’s spring meetings on Tuesday that he’s “absolutely in support” of players receiving compensation for the use of their name, image and likeness.
- Several of you pointed me towards this post about Georgia Tech’s scheduling. I hate to say it (okay, not really), but they lost me in the first sentence comparing Tech football to a track star competing for a spot in the Olympics.
- For all the whining about transfer waiver approvals, the reality is that the percentage of waiver approvals dropped during 2018-2019. (Which is not to say that Northwestern’s Pat Fitzgerald doesn’t have a point about the ambiguity of the waiver process.)
- For those interested, here’s Athlon’s Georgia preview.