So, if you go by FanDuel’s 2019 SEC championship odds, here’s how the two divisions’ order of finish projects:
- Mississippi State
- Texas A&M
- Ole Miss
- South Carolina*
A few observations:
- The two leaders have significant gaps between themselves and the projected second-place teams, something I expect to see repeated at SEC Media Days.
- TAMU and South Carolina are both dinged for brutal schedules, which isn’t surprising.
- The years when Auburn isn’t taken seriously are the years when I worry about Auburn.
- Missouri can’t play for the SEC title, so the Tigers’ regular season success is going to come down to regular season motivation. Good luck predicting that in advance.
- Insert snark about Tennessee projected to finish ahead of Vanderbilt… again.
- Most over-rated: Mississippi State. Most under-rated: TAMU.