Jake Rowe takes a first stab at a post-signing day depth chart for the offense. I wouldn’t say there are any huge surprises there. Just a few bullet point observations:
- Newman and McKitty are penciled in as the starters at their respective positions. If they don’t make it so by the time September rolls around, I hope it’s because the roster is really that deep at QB and TE.
- Georgia is incredibly young at left tackle. Of the five names listed, only Condon isn’t a freshman or redshirt freshman.
- As far as the o-line goes, generally speaking, it sure looks like there will be a huge game of musical chairs going on to sort out the two-deep — more particularly, who will be playing where.
- It’s pretty obvious some of the incoming wideouts in this class are going to make the two-deep.
- In terms of an established hierarchy, running back is probably the most stable position group.