With the Pac-12 news that the conference plans on a 10-game conference-only schedule, spread over 14 weeks (“They are assuming some success in the next month or two (against the virus),” is some assumption), here’s a breakdown of what each conference’s current plans/hopes are for the 2020 football season.
The P5 scorecard looks like this for now:
- ACC: decision coming by the end of this month
- Big 12: decision coming by the end of this month
- Big Ten: conference-only schedule planned
- Pac-12: conference-only schedule planned
- SEC: no timeline announced
It’s looking like Greg Sankey may be one lonely man at the start of August. Or maybe he’s just waiting until the ACC and Big 12 leave him with no other option. Leadership, for the win!