Sights and sounds from around the world of college sports…
- The NCAA’s football oversight committee has developed a 12-hour schedule model for teams not playing this fall that it recommended to the NCAA’s Division I council for approval on Tuesday.
- “Negative plays really suck.“
- It sounds like the Pac-12 has millions of reasons to hope every P5 conference shuts down their seasons.
- Kirby Smart sees the good in the extended preseason practice period: “By spreading it out over more days, you’re giving guys more time for recovery, and there are not those intense repeated practices.”
- Tom Mars is losing it.
- The SEC knows those cupcakes aren’t gonna beat themselves.
- Barry Alvarez, to Wisconsin seniors covered by the NCAA’s eligibility extension for spring athletes: drop dead. And do it elsewhere, please.
- “(Orgeron) said, ‘Everybody’s girlfriend sleeps with other people…’”