Thoughts on the other six games:
- Missouri at Tennessee -10.5. The Vols offense sputtered a lot against South Carolina and still managed to put up 31. Missouri was outmatched against Alabama — duh — but still managed to look somewhat respectable on defense. The Tigers also should get back the players who were out due to COVID concerns. Add it all up and it looks like Mizzou covers, but doesn’t win on the road.
- South Carolina at Florida -18.5. The Gators’ defense can’t really be that bad, can it? I expect Boom will make Mullen work a little harder for points this week than he did against Ole Miss. Gators win, but don’t cover.
- Texas A&M at Alabama -16.5. It sure feels like Jimbo’s about to get taken to the woodshed. ‘Bama rolls.
- Ole Miss at Kentucky -6.5. I could be wrong, but this has the possibility of being the most entertaining game of the weekend. Terry Wilson had better show signs of improvement if the ‘Cats don’t want to see their season unravel. I’m thinking UK does just enough to win, but doesn’t cover.
- Arkansas at Mississippi State -18.5. Barry Odom can’t be as stubbornly stupid as Bo Pelini was, can he? Even if he’s not, will it matter? I’m guessing not. MSU covers.
- LSU at Vanderbilt +20.5. The ‘Dores are the conference’s only home dog this week and they’re the perfect opponent for an LSU team looking to rinse the bad taste out of their mouths after last weekend’s upset. Stingley being back only helps. LSU covers, and covers easily.
The most interesting aspect to this week’s games ought to be seeing who improves in week two and who doesn’t. Your guess on that is as good as mine.