As of this morning, here’s how the 247Sports Composite shapes up for the conference:
- It’s the continuing story of the rich getting richer. Alabama signed six five-star recruits; the rest of the conference combined signed a total of eight. Along with ‘Bama, Georgia and LSU are clearly a cut above every other program. Again.
- Speaking of Alabama, if you worry that Nick Saban is playing chess while Kirby Smart is playing checkers, consider that four of the nation’s top 10 receivers signed with the Tide. That was out of necessity, considering what ‘Bama is about to lose, but still, Saban knows where his bread is buttered these days.
- Ed Orgeron has to wake up every day thanking a higher power for how LSU dominates in state recruiting.
- Believe it or not, even with the whiffs like Sorey and Adeleye, that is the best class Dan Mullen has signed to date. No, that gap ain’t closing.
- Remember all that momentum with Tennessee’s class? Pruitt suffered 10 decommitments, and another top commit, Dylan Brooks, elected not to sign yesterday.
- Kiffin, Pittman and Drinkwitz all did well, leading their respective programs to their best showings in years.
- That came at the expense of Auburn, where the new coach will obviously have a lot of scrambling to do, and South Carolina, where Beamer will have even more. I’ve never seen a signing day finish with a team behind Vanderbilt in the rankings, so congrats, ‘Cocks. (What’s the opposite of a cannon shot?)