Here’s how the 247Sports Composite shapes up after yesterday:
And, a few observations:
- Alabama’s class, not to put too fine a point on it, is obscene. For perspective, the gap between Alabama’s class points and Georgia’s (third nationally) is the same as the gap between Georgia’s and Florida’s.
- Saban signed seven five-star recruits. The rest of the SEC combined signed eight.
- Speaking of Georgia, only three teams in the conference signed fewer players than the Dawgs’ 20.
- One of those is South Carolina, which, in signing only thirteen, managed to finish behind Vanderbilt. I can only assume Shane Beamer is going to be hitting the transfer portal hard.
- You know who’s thrilled about early signing day? Josh Heupel is thrilled about early signing day. At least for now, as two of UT’s top signees from then want releases.
- The point gap between Alabama and Auburn exceeds 122. Every team in the West finished above the Tigers. South Carolina won’t be the only program scouring the transfer portal, methinks.
Anything you guys want to share, share in the comments.