Monthly Archives: October 2021
… but he did throw a perfect pass.
It was even better watching it live. Trust me on that.
In convincing fashion:
Mattered a lot, did it…
I was in too much of a celebratory mood last night to post, but I did want to share a few things that ran through my brain during and after yesterday’s extremely satisfying victory.
- As I watched Florida completely disintegrate during the last 150 seconds of the first half, I couldn’t help but think “hey, that’s the way we used to lose here” — you know, superficially in the game, but hanging in suspense, waiting for disaster to strike. I must say the shoe looks very good on the other foot.
- Just after my first thought came the realization that I just witnessed the ultimate “be careful what you wish for” moment for Florida fans. How you like AR15 now, Gates?
- Forget about scheduling or recruiting or travel time or whatever complaint you may have… after the pleasure of watching half of a stadium empty for the fourth quarter and the players’ (and Smart’s) postgame celebration with the fans, how can you pull this game out of Jacksonville? There is a special joy in wins at a neutral site against your heated rival that would, in my very humble opinion, be diminished in a different setting.
With the quarterback question decided, on to what I think is the big issue:
Can Georgia establish a running game today? If so, I don’t see how the Gators can stay with the Dawgs, regardless of who plays quarterback for them. If they struggle running the ball, I think Bennett winds up giving way to Daniels, assuming he’s healthy enough to play.
Bottom line, I think the Dawgs will be able to run the ball and I think Georgia covers the spread. And, yes, Florida will turn the ball over today. More than once.
Have at it in the comments.
Sorry for the format. I haven’t figured out screenshotting on my Chromebook.
Saturday, October 30
|MATCHUP||TIME (ET)||NAT TV||TICKETS||LOCATION|
|12:00 PM||Tickets as low as $2||Yulman Stadium, New Orleans, LA|
|12:00 PM||FOX||Tickets as low as $216||Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, MI|
|12:00 PM||Tickets as low as $43||Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI|
|12:00 PM||Tickets as low as $50||McLane Stadium, Waco, TX|
|12:00 PM||Tickets as low as $31||Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA|
|12:00 PM||Tickets as low as $31||Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA|
|12:00 PM||BTN||Tickets as low as $29||Memorial Stadium , Champaign, IL|
|12:00 PM||BTN||Tickets as low as $2||Maryland Stadium, College Park, MD|
|12:00 PM||Tickets as low as $13||Williams Stadium , Lynchburg, VA|
|12:00 PM||Tickets as low as $16||Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA|
|12:00 PM||CBSSN||Tickets as low as $16||UB Stadium, Buffalo, NY|
|12:00 PM||Tickets as low as $21||Cajun Field, Lafayette, LA|
|2:00 PM||BIG12|ESPN+||Tickets as low as $12||Milan Puskar Stadium, Morgantown, WV|
|2:00 PM||Tickets as low as $6||Rice Stadium, Houston, TX|
|3:00 PM||Tickets as low as $2||Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN|
|3:00 PM||FS1||Tickets as low as $15||Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ|
|3:00 PM||Tickets as low as $19||Maverik Stadium, Logan, UT|
|3:30 PM||CBS||Tickets as low as $81||TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FL|
|3:30 PM||Tickets as low as $28||Memorial Stadium , Norman, OK|
|3:30 PM||FOX||Tickets as low as $23||Autzen Stadium, Eugene, OR|
|3:30 PM||Tickets as low as $17||Joan C. Edwards Stadium, Huntington, WV|
|3:30 PM||CBSSN||Tickets as low as $24||S.B. Ballard Stadium, Norfolk, VA|
|3:30 PM||Tickets as low as $12||Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium, Murfreesboro, TN|
|3:30 PM||Tickets as low as $10||Memorial Stadium , Clemson, SC|
|3:30 PM||Tickets as low as $6||Carrier Dome, Syracuse, NY|
|3:30 PM||BTN||Tickets as low as $4||Ryan Field, Evanston, IL|
|3:30 PM||Tickets as low as $27||Memorial Stadium , Lincoln, NE|
|3:30 PM||Tickets as low as $42||Bill Snyder Family Stadium, Manhattan, KS|
|3:30 PM||Tickets as low as $36||Kidd Brewer Stadium, Boone, NC|
|4:00 PM||Tickets as low as $23||Truist Field, Winston-Salem, NC|
|4:00 PM||Tickets as low as $33||Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium, Bowling Green, KY|
|4:00 PM||FS2||Tickets as low as $8||CEFCU Stadium, San Jose, CA|
|5:00 PM||Tickets as low as $43||Hancock Whitney Stadium, Mobile, AL|
|6:00 PM||Tickets as low as $7||FAU Stadium, Boca Raton, FL|
|6:00 PM||Tickets as low as $35||Allen E. Paulson Stadium, Statesboro, GA|
|7:00 PM||Tickets as low as $50||Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL|
|7:00 PM||Tickets as low as $14||Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, MS|
|7:00 PM||FS1||Tickets as low as $44||Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK|
|7:00 PM||Tickets as low as $21||TDECU Stadium, Houston, TX|
|7:00 PM||PAC12||Tickets as low as $18||California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA|
|7:00 PM||Tickets as low as $18||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA|
|7:00 PM||CBSSN||Tickets as low as $29||Canvas Stadium, Fort Collins, CO|
|7:30 PM||Tickets as low as $117||Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH|
|7:30 PM||NBC||Tickets as low as $22||Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, IN|
|7:30 PM||Tickets as low as $27||Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC|
|10:00 PM||Tickets as low as $28||Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT|
|10:15 PM||Tickets as low as $8||LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT|
|10:30 PM||CBSSN||Tickets as low as $21||Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, CA|
|10:30 PM||FS1||Tickets as low as $14||Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA|
Games of note:
- Michigan-Michigan State, obviously. Both teams are a surprise being here undefeated.
- Ole Miss-Auburn. Or, if you prefer, Corral-Nix.
- Kentucky-Mississippi State. For some reason, this seems closer than it should be.
- Penn State-Ohio State. First time in a while the Buckeyes play a team with a pulse on defense. Will it matter?
Shoot your shot in the comments.
I’m fine with whatever the coaches decide. As I’ve said, if there’s ever a season Smart and Monken have earned the benefit of the doubt, it’s this one. I just hope it’s a call driven by what they think will work best today, rather than an indication that Daniels still isn’t physically ready.
That all being said, the one thing I ask is that they avoid being cute by playing the two in alternating series, or some other silliness like that. This ain’t 2018.
Remember the enemy.
Two quick thoughts, pulled totally out of my ass:
- If what’s gone before this season is a guide, while we have no idea who’s starting at quarterback tomorrow, Smart and Monken made that decision early this week. That’s what they do.
- Why are people worried about Daniels being rusty? Last season, after having missed playing football for eighteen months and facing a defense that sold out totally to make him beat them, all Daniels did was go 28-38, 401 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs and a 197.07 passer rating. If that’s rusty, you can give me that all day against the Gators, thank you very much.