November 28, 2022 · 4:33 PM
Those idiots on the Plains just can’t help themselves.
They’re buying him because he notched two wins over Nick Saban. (One less than Malzahn, by the way.) His recruiting advantage then — paying players when that was against the rules — has vanished in the NIL era. His overall record in the SEC in his five years with Ole Miss was 19-18, with winning records in 2014 (5-3) and in 2015 (6-2) and 8-11 overall in conference action in the others.
It’s quite the consolation prize for not getting Junior, that’s for sure. Not that I’m complaining.
What’s the over/under on the number of times Auburn folks will reassure themselves that it’s worth it?
November 28, 2022 · 2:21 PM
Todd Monken makes the final five for the Broyles Award.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that the two I thought were the favorites, Golesh and Riley, are still in it, too.
November 28, 2022 · 12:54 PM
If you had Stetson Bennett surpassing Bryce Young in passing yardage on your bingo card this season, more power to you.
November 28, 2022 · 12:50 PM
I dunno. I suspect the process is working just like Jimmy Sexton expects it to.
November 28, 2022 · 9:30 AM
It’s SECCG time, and I suspect if you’re looking for tickets, they won’t be too hard to find.
You know what to do in the comments. Have at it!
November 28, 2022 · 9:00 AM
November 28, 2022 · 8:30 AM
This is hilarious.
Technically, Auburn covered the 22.5 points, barely (although most places had it at 21.5), but you get the point.
By the way, second in the amusement department is Erik Evans, who I presume is now missing both his testicles after his Michigan-Ohio State bet.
November 28, 2022 · 8:00 AM
Rivalry Week managed to end with some whimpers and some bangs.
- Georgia. Back to back undefeated regular seasons? Man, it doesn’t get any better than that. Literally.
- Alabama. Iron Bowl win was nice, but the only team the Tide beat with fewer than four losses this season was… well, nobody.
- Tennessee. Shutout Vandy 56-0, which would be a message to the selection committee if they were taking the Vols’ phone calls, I suppose.
- South Carolina. Closed out the season with back to back wins over top ten teams, ruining both’s playoff chances. Hells yeah they’re going here.
- LSU. They’ll be the first three-loss team in the SECCG since 2016 Florida. (The Gators lost bigly to Alabama.)
- Mississippi State. Under Mike Leach, the Bulldogs won their seventh game over an AP-ranked opponent while unranked themselves. (In the last three seasons, no other school has more than four wins under similar circumstances.)
- Ole Miss. Maybe Junior should have spent more time on game prep than trolling media about the Auburn job. Just sayin’.
- Kentucky. +3 in turnover margin, four field goals… yep, another UK rock fight, but this one was good enough to win the Commonwealth Cup.
- Arkansas. Injuries really did the Hogs in this year.
- Missouri. The Tigers scratched their way into a bowl game this week.
- Florida. The Gators finished with the exact same regular season record they posted in ’21.
- Auburn. Once again, five-star talent trumps five-star hearts.
- Texas A&M. I don’t know what’s funnier, the Aggies turning in their best effort of the year when nothing was on the line, or pundits who are going to point to it as a sign that TAMU will be a contender in the West in 2023.
- Vanderbilt. Some days, you blow the Admiral, and some days, the Admiral blows you.
November 28, 2022 · 7:45 AM
Did they repeal the First Rule of Holes in Tennessee, or something?
November 28, 2022 · 7:30 AM
If you’re looking for a pregame profile of Georgia vs. LSU, Josh has that for you.
It’s not lopsided, but it’s clear which team should be favored Saturday.
You must be logged in to post a comment.