Welcome to the U, Coach.
Category Archives: ACC Football
Mark Richt is certainly putting his money where his mouth is.
Ironic question: is he using his Georgia buyout money for that?
How about this as the quirk of the 2016 football season? North Carolina will face seven opponents with new coaching staffs.
Once again, it’s time to rise and shine, campers.
- This presser sounds like it’s gonna be a real blast.
- Jordan Jenkins on 6-6, 346 OL Sam Madden: “The kid’s a walking refrigerator.”
- Parrish Walton on the Jim Chaney hire: It’s the third-down conversions, stupid.
- Here’s a pretty cool story on how the construction of Harvard Stadium changed the rules of football.
- Jim Harbaugh really doesn’t give a shit about what people think.
- Aaron Murray’s advice to Jacob Eason: “My biggest thing is don’t read anything. Don’t pick up the paper. Don’t read the good stuff and don’t read the bad stuff. Just stay away from it all. Things are going to go bad at times, things are going be great at times. So you don’t want to be too full of yourself and you don’t want to get too down on yourself by reading this article or this post on this website from this fan..” C’mon, man. How’s he supposed to learn about G-Day QBR?
- When it comes to indoor practice facilities, Mark Richt finds himself on familiar ground.
- Speaking of Richt, Greg Poole has a piece on a way in which Kirby Smart’s recruiting approach differs from his predecessor’s.
- Brian Cook has a nice catch about a fall break trip that Vanderbilt’s baseball team took that didn’t raise a single eyebrow about taking away from kids’ free time. Funny how that works.
Jimbo Fisher said in deposition testimony that he was not aware of FSU’s policy about sexual battery.
Instead, he relied on procedure.
Fuel up, folks.
- The Georgia Way – it’s not just for the athletic department anymore! (h/t Lrgk9)
- How was this kid not ejected from the game?
- Add Iowa State to the coaching carousel list.
- They’re just now getting around to figuring out how to fill all the bowl game slots?
- Les Miles’ fate at LSU sounds like it’s moved from the if to the when stage.
- Stuff like this probably doesn’t help.
- Does playing Georgia Southern’s triple option help the Dawgs prepare to play Georgia Tech’s version?
- Speaking of Tech, the season’s been disappointing enough that even the denizens at StingTalk can’t work up much an argument against Georgia being installed as a 4.5-point favorite.
Been a while since I’ve stocked up the breakfast bar.
- Does anyone believe Larry Scott when he says, “Very, very low on the totem pole is what’s best to get a team in the playoff.”?
- Herbie runs his mouth again, apologizes..
- James Carville says it’s time for a fan bill of rights. Not gonna happen.
- Continuing problems with the Neyland Stadium turf? I’m shocked, shocked to hear that.
- SEC Network’s Dari Nowkhah on the media’s preseason love for Auburn: “But we believed the hype about Jeremy Johnson. We believed the hype about Will Muschamp.” Well, whose fault is that?
- Miami goes with a search committee and a search firm in its hunt for a new coach. Nice belt and suspenders approach there. At least the AD will have plenty of people to blame if the hire flops.
- Further evidence that the people running college sports have no clue how to manage a dollar: University of South Carolina president Harris Pastides said the school’s decision to pay Steve Spurrier for the remainder of his current contract year even though Spurrier resigned mid-season was made at least partially out of concern that it would end up having to pay him an even greater amount of money.
- Gosh, you’d think winning a national title and playing for another one this decade would make Auburn fans less grumpy than this.