Tell me something: who’s more delusional, LSU for putting out feelers to Urban Meyer and Nick Saban regarding its open coaching job, or the Big 12 for believing until a couple of months ago that it could sweet talk Clemson and FSU into joining the conference?
Category Archives: Big 12 Football
Let me see if I’ve got this straight. David Boren has apparently gone from being the driving force behind Big 12 expansion to now being considered a likely vote against conference expansion. There’s only one step left for him to take after that, amirite?
The next time Boren speaks, a lot of his colleagues around the Big 12 would enjoy hearing exactly what the Sooners’ long-term intentions are. Remember, it wasn’t long ago that Oklahoma and Texas—both in 2010 and 2011—were close to joining the Pac-10. Since Boren’s latest comments on expansion, there have been rumblings throughout the league as to whether Boren is the right public face considering he could be in the position of shopping Oklahoma around to other leagues in the near future.There’s an increasing concern that Boren could end up as a so-called double-agent, speaking for the league but working for a school that ultimately desires to speak with other leagues. There’s also an increasing level of distrust around the league, especially since Oklahoma and Texas have no intention of extending their grant of right past 2025 anytime soon.
Fer Gawd’s sake, man, show a little dignity here.
Don’t these people have more important things to worry about than Bob Bowlsby? Then again, Kermit the Frog might make a helluva conference commissioner, now that I think about it.
Is the topic of Big 12 expansion college football’s biggest troll?
Even if it isn’t readily apparent to the rest of us…
That Bob Bowlsby is a genius, amirite?
Brunch is served.
- David Wunderlich looks at how SEC coaches have done in games they should have won, games they weren’t expected to win and toss-ups.
- Bud Elliott argues there’s a better way to rank head coaches.
- This is a weird little story, although I don’t see why Dan Mullen would do that.
- Jacob Eason!
- Moar Jacob Eason!
- Here’s a look at the politics behind Houston’s push to join the Big 12.
Eh, there are always a few tasty morsels ready to fill the chafing dishes.
- Here’s a handy guide to the new rule changes. (h/t)
- If you’re interested, here’s a little more detail on the low blocking zone rule change. After hearing the talk there about tight ends, I wonder how much Georgia will be affected by this.
- This probably won’t help BYU’s chances of joining the Big 12.
- Admittedly, this has nothing to do with college football, but I simply couldn’t help myself by linking to it.
- Big talk from Hugh Freeze: “It hasn’t stolen our joy at all.”
- Wonder who the best and worst coaches are in close games? Here you go.
- Pro Football Focus gives a preseason look at North Carolina. They’re fairly impressed, although at least Kirby won’t have to worry about defending an athletic quarterback in the opener.
- Thomas Brown on Mark Richt: “When he released the opportunity to be the OC and call the plays and take over the head coaching role only (at Georgia), it took some of the competition out of him.”