Bobby Petrino has to issue a statement after his Twitter account liked a tweet from an adult content providing site.
Category Archives: Fall and Rise of Bobby Petrino
… is Bobby Petrino’s new contract.
I’d say that’s insane, but it’s just the way they roll these days.
This wins the Internet today, for sure.
The best part, of course, is you can’t entirely discount the possibility that’s actually happened.
A few odds and ends to get your weekend going:
- Jordan Jenkins is impressed with those “State Champ” rings Georgia Tech awarded.
- Nice, friendly spring game you got there, TCU.
- Condoleezza Rice thinks four is the right number for the CFP, and expresses pretty solid reasoning for her position. However, she’s not the one cashing the ESPN checks.
- John Swofford says about that whole three-division thingy, that Bob Bowlsby doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I bet Bowlsby gets that a lot.
- Your weekly dog bites man story.
- Bobby Petrino runs up the score on himself at Louisville’s spring game. No mention of how the former Dawgs played.
- A list of the five most overpaid head coaches in college football that doesn’t include Mark Richt? Unpossible!
“I have no trouble standing up for him because I do believe he’s a solid kid. I think as you move forward in life, you’ve got to learn from your mistakes, and I think sometimes you’ve got to give kids a second chance, and I think he’s earned the right for that chance and what he’s done so far. I never had any issues with him when I was at Georgia from the accountability for meetings or practice or anything like that, but at the same time, you do have to go through a maturity phase as far as understanding the decisions you make, there’s consequences for them. He’s really matured, and I’ve been very proud of that. I’m really excited for him to play this year and get back on the field.”
It’s amazing what great humanitarians these coaches are. Makes you wonder why this guy has such a bug up his ass. Doesn’t he realize it’s always about the kids?
So it turns out all that jovial, carefree shit only goes so far, even at Louisville.
I’m sure Grantham’s on the mother, though.
A little snow, a little buffet…
- You’d think the one place where they wouldn’t have to dumb down the defense would be Vanderbilt.
- Bill Connelly does all the heavy lifting on Georgia Southern, a Dawg opponent this season, so that you don’t (okay, so I don’t) have to.
- Michigan’s policy for student football tickets now includes need-based discounts.
- “That was an incredible testament to Bobby Petrino.” Oy.
- What’s in a name: dual-threat quarterback vs. pocket passer.
- Thomas Brown likes Brian Schottenheimer’s open-mindedness with his assistant coaches.
- Hey, Snapchat and recruiting. What could go wrong?
- Auburn’s explanation of the two players and the service dog incident? They may have been dumbasses, but there was no malicious intent. Hey, it’s Auburn; I can buy that.