- As the Auburn-Louisville game in Atlanta approaches, prepare to hear more of this.
- Regrets, Gene Chizik has a few.
- Mark Schlabach predicts this is Steve Spurrier’s last season.
- Delusional optimism, And The Valley Shook style.
- Kids, these days.
- Spurrier, on Finebaum: “Every now and then when I listen in to your show, I know the SEC fans are a little upset at Ohio State’s schedule and rightfully so to tell you the truth.”
- We’ve known Bobby Petrino’s an ambitious dick. We just didn’t know how far back that went. “He opted to join the Tigers without informing his boss, Tom Coughlin, who was alerted of his offensive coordinator’s departure through an Auburn news release.” And so, a legend was born.
- Les Miles overdosed on coffee this week? Sure, I can see that.
I can’t figure out what I find more amusing about Gene Chizik becoming Larry Fedora’s new defensive coordinator – that he’s going to coach defense at school that ran more offensive plays than Malzahn called at Auburn (remember, that’s why Malzahn left Auburn in the first place), or that Andrea Adelson questions the hire because Chizik once had Trooper Taylor working for him.
He’s a solid defensive coordinator, so it’s not a dumb hire by any means.
I just wonder how much less he’ll be making than Boom.
What is it with Auburn coaches running away from ACC competition? The Chiz wouldn’t step up against the genius? “You talk to any coach out there they do not want to play the Georgia Techs of the world.”
If nothing else, that ought to disqualify him from another head coaching job ever.
Just because it’s June doesn’t mean I can’t fill a few chafing dishes for you.
- I’ll go into detail later this summer about it, but perhaps this is the best thing Georgia’s secondary has going for it this season.
- Bitcoin is going to sponsor a bowl game. Will it hand out a virtual trophy?
- The Supreme Court’s ruling in the Aereo case may impact how we watch the NFL, but keep in mind what’s written in this piece could also apply to CBS and its contract with the SEC.
- Here’s the Post and Courier’s preview of the Clemson-Georgia game. And here’s the preview of the South Carolina-Georgia game.
- One reason the schools fear Jeffrey Kessler’s lawsuit: one of the plaintiffs’ attorneys used to be an associate director of enforcement for the NCAA.
- Believe it or not, ESPN preseason rankings have Georgia’s secondary as seventh best in the conference.
- Gene Chizik predicts a 10-2 season for Auburn, with losses to South Carolina and Alabama.
- Vanderbilt checks in at #74 in Paul Myerberg’s preseason roundup.
- College coaches try to figure out the best way to utilize the new rules on summer supervision. (Brian Kelly knows what to do, but if he told you, then he’d have to kill you.)
- “We’re guessing that many people would agree that college president or medical school dean is slightly more beneficial to humanity than being a football coach.” Depends whom you ask, I suspect.
- Bill Connelly looks at this year’s Clemson Tigers team and comes away impressed, particularly with that defensive line.
No turkey in this buffet.