A tidbit here, a tidbit there…
- Something to keep an eye on with this season’s Kentucky football team: “From that highly touted 2014 signing class, ranked No. 17 in the nation, UK was able to redshirt 16 players…” That includes redshirting every offensive linemen the current staff has signed.
- Bill Connelly ponders what the future of football analytics will bring.
Marc WeiszerFletcher Page has a nice piece on this year’s Paul Oliver Network gathering.
- Les Miles thinks Matt Womack signing with Alabama is enough of a punishment for his program.
- So Andy Schwarz is being hired to produce the new report evaluating the report that led to the shutdown of the UAB football program? That’s beyond interesting, both for what he’ll have to say about UAB’s decision as well as shining a light on college athletic departments’ bookkeeping practices.
- Here’s another roundup of questions as SEC spring practices get underway.
- She may be a little girl, but she manages to hit on the essence of being a Georgia Tech fan in one sentence.
- Speaking of Tech, the computer hacker has been sentenced, but “The district attorney said he believes Pickren entered a guilty plea, meaning failure to complete the program would bring the student back to court for further sentencing.” So you’re saying there’s a chance?