James Franklin tells Herb “There are 110 pussies playing free safety. I’m not worried about safeties.” Hand to dial back the smack talk with a rival coach.
Category Archives: James Franklin Is Ready To Rumble
Another day, another buffet.
- “Rodrigo Blankenship is a man with a plan — and that plan includes being a Bulldog.”
- So who’s going to assemble Auburn’s new defensive staff? It depends whom you ask.
- “In a post-practice session with reporters, Miles declined to be quoted directly but made it clear he is not seeking the [Michigan] job…” Why so coy?
- If you’re frustrated with Georgia’s coaches, it ain’t nothing compared to what Iowa fans are expected to tolerate.
- The University of Texas is opening up “… a sports-leadership center that will help coaches instill strong character in high-school players and teach college athletes how to manage their money better”.
- Penn State is planning a $12 million renovation of the Lasch Football Building, and “Coach Franklin has requested this be a top tier facility in the country…”
- I am shocked, shocked to hear someone suggest there are real conflicts of interest on the CFP selection committee.
- And somebody else took a stab at the difference between “best” and “most deserving”. It’s about as muddled as you’d expect.
- “The emigration of talent from the Red Stick should have opened up a [playoff] spot for the Gators. Instead, Florida is playing East Carolina in the Birmingham Bowl. For those new to college football, that is not a glorious conclusion to the season.”
- Is another SEC defensive coordinator position about to open?
If the Pitt head coaching spot is indeed open, I’d love to see the school hire Junior as its next head coach and have him bring Ed Orgeron along for the ride, if only so we could watch James Franklin’s head explode as he has to deal with the both of them on the recruiting trail.
Former Vanderbilt University head football coach James Franklin lied to his team about seeing video from the night of an alleged rape that occurred in an on-campus dorm room in June 2013, testimony revealed Wednesday.
Appearing via Skype, Franklin told the courtroom he has not seen any videos but admitted that during a team meeting held shortly after the alleged rape, he told players he had seen a video because he didn’t want to “water down” his message.
Buuuttt… you can guess what’s coming, right?
After the meeting, Franklin said “the young gentlemen” involved came into his office to “plead their case.” He said specifics weren’t discussed, but he advised his players to tell their parents and to be honest because “you’re going to be dealing with this the rest of your life.”
“All I said to them was I can’t talk to you about the case, you better take this very seriously, you should tell you parents, and you better be honest because you’re going to be dealing with consequences to this for the rest of your life. And that was it,” he said. [Emphasis added.]
Basically, unless he’s under oath, you probably ought to be careful taking anything that comes out of his mouth at face value.
Lord knows I’m no great fan of James Franklin’s behavior and there’s no question that Vanderbilt looks like crap so far this season, but I think John Pennington goes a little too far with this piece. Sure, Franklin made good use of Bobby Johnson’s recruits, most of whom are long gone now, but it’s worth pointing out that Franklin did a better job of recruiting at Vandy than Johnson did. Not only that, but Franklin redshirted almost the entire 2013 class. It’s hard to see how that’s leaving somebody holding the bag.
Pennington is right that it’s too early to judge Mason. But I’m not really sure how it’s any different for judging the talent that Mason’s been left to work with.
You should eat.
- Here’s a good primer from Team Speed Kills about how to get up to speed on CFB Twitterin’.
- “That’s when I saw a side of Coach Donnan I”d never seen before.” Sad.
- Allen Kenney ponders football scheduling.
- John Infante explains that Jim Delany’s vision for the restructuring of Division I makes a power conference split more likely.
- Could the SEC and Big 12 be the answers to each other’s scheduling questions?
- Pell Grants as a way to solve the cost of attendance issue?
- 5Dimes is starting to post odds on CFB regular season win totals.
- It seems that moving to Penn State has only added to James Franklin’s cockiness.
- “Palcohol is for adults who are tired of getting ripped off by airlines and stadium owners.” Hells, yeah!