A few scraps rounded up for the buffet line…
- The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled collegiate athletes cannot be considered university employees and, thus, are not eligible for minimum wage pay. The reasoning was circular, but interestingly, the case didn’t involve athletes in a revenue producing sport and one of the appellate judges appeared to indicate his decision might have been different in that setting.
- Larry Scott isn’t happy with ESPN’s attempt to create a little drama with the fourth spot in the CFP.
- Back up quarterbacks ain’t played (f0r) Alabama, PAWWWLLL.
- Meanwhile, Nick’s gonna check out playing a little Second Chance U for another former Georgia player.
- Tony Barnhart manages to boil playoff expansion down to a simple question: “What’s worse – leaving out one deserving team or putting an undeserving team (or two) in?”
- Schools crapping all over former coaches seems to be a real thing now.
- Two Georgia freshmen make the Freshman All-SEC team. Nauta was an obvious candidate before the season started. Blankenship wasn’t obvious a quarter of the way into the season.