Been a while since I’ve stocked up the breakfast bar.
- Does anyone believe Larry Scott when he says, “Very, very low on the totem pole is what’s best to get a team in the playoff.”?
- Herbie runs his mouth again, apologizes..
- James Carville says it’s time for a fan bill of rights. Not gonna happen.
- Continuing problems with the Neyland Stadium turf? I’m shocked, shocked to hear that.
- SEC Network’s Dari Nowkhah on the media’s preseason love for Auburn: “But we believed the hype about Jeremy Johnson. We believed the hype about Will Muschamp.” Well, whose fault is that?
- Miami goes with a search committee and a search firm in its hunt for a new coach. Nice belt and suspenders approach there. At least the AD will have plenty of people to blame if the hire flops.
- Further evidence that the people running college sports have no clue how to manage a dollar: University of South Carolina president Harris Pastides said the school’s decision to pay Steve Spurrier for the remainder of his current contract year even though Spurrier resigned mid-season was made at least partially out of concern that it would end up having to pay him an even greater amount of money.
- Gosh, you’d think winning a national title and playing for another one this decade would make Auburn fans less grumpy than this.