I’m not in Hoover. You’re not in Hoover. So, eat.
- Speaking of Hoover, CFN’s Pete Fiutak has some pretty amusing observations about his first day there. My favorite: “Because it’s 174 degrees outside with 139% humidity, and considering most media types get paid in buttons and some of those fans who actually did show up look like they’ve been wearing the same jersey for three straight weeks, every ten feet or so in this cramped, confided space there’s a waft of pure evil. This is one place where the term “smell you later” really does apply.“ Ew.
- Melvin Robinson, Georgia’s Assistant Athletic Director for Facility Operations, about the ongoing improvements at Sanford Stadium: “The fan experience is so big and when they see the improvements we’re doing at the stadium, they’re going to be blown away…” No offense, Mel, but we’ll believe when we see it… or don’t have to spend fifteen minutes in a concession line.
- Bruce Feldman points out that, for all the preseason hype about Auburn, the Tigers return fewer starters on offense than any team in the SEC.
- This looks pretty cool, if you ask me.
- “Everybody is the media. Everybody with a camera phone is the media…”
- Fiutak’s SEC team likely to disappoint? Tennessee.
- And here’s a detailed look at D-1 athletic spending, with an emphasis on bang (i.e., wins) for the buck.