If ever a post of mine deserved to be categorized under “Stylin'”, this be it.
Category Archives: Stylin’
Who knew that all it took for greatness was a shirt change at halftime?
I guess if Mark Richt had indulged in his own personal blackout a time or two, he might still be coaching in Athens.
UPDATE: Then again, maybe black was the problem.
Random off-week tidbits for your dining pleasure:
- Nick Chubb’s surgery is scheduled for next week. “Optimistic” seems to be the word of the day about that.
- Anybody wanna bet that Carl Lawson is back in time for Auburn’s game with Georgia?
- Both teams will be wearing the home jerseys in Jacksonville again. Me likee.
- Texas has reached a 15-year agreement with Nike expected to pay upwards of $200 million. The Patterson rebranding pays off!
- Any blog sporting the mantra “life’s too short to eat bad BBQ.” is going to get a nod from me. Here’s a nice post that ought to be of interest to any Georgia fan planning on going to the Cocktail Party via St. Simons.
- And here’s another young Georgia blogger getting started.
- Brady Hoke second-guessing Jim Harbaugh is about as rich as it gets.
- Florida has 216 people show up to try out for the walk-on kicker cast call. “As long as they can flip it up there through the uprights, I’m good with it,” McElwain said Wednesday during the SEC coaches teleconference.
- Here’s an update on some of Georgia’s walking wounded.
- ESPN announces cuts of about 4% of its workforce; CEO says its “part of a broad strategy to ensure we’re in position to make the most of opportunities to build the future of ESPN.” Uh huh.
- Malcolm Mitchell loves him some Batman. No, really.
Regardless of how you feel about Ohio State, you have to admit Braxton Miller put one helluva spin move on a couple of Virginia Tech defenders last night.
You can go pick up your jock now, son.
There is just something epic about this play… no, not just UCF pulling out a win on a last minute Hail Mary, but one of ECU’s defensive backs starting to unbuckle his head gear before the catch is made.
At least he made it easier to read his reaction after the catch.
Lookin’ good, brah.
Might as well have some.
- I have to admit there have been times when this shirt would have come in handy.
- Cory scouts Georgia Tech’s triple option so you don’t have to.
- Here’s a guide to understanding college football analytics. I wonder if anyone on the selection committee does.
- Heckuva job you’re doing, Pac-12 officials.
- The argument against playoff expansion: “‘What’s one more?’ is not a healthy question to ask when players don’t have a union or long-term health care in place.” That never stopped March Madness from growing.
- Stay classy, North Carolina.
- “It seems inconceivable, but if Georgia or Missouri wins the SEC, the league might just get left out.”
- Hutson Mason may wind up with his name in the Georgia record books.