Let’s clear the decks with a few tidbits I’ve been saving.
- What do the records look like after “a longtime coach who won more than two-thirds of his games was fired or forced into resigning, in recent years”? (h/t Chuck Kraemer)
- You may be excited by all the head coaching changes, but Houston Nutt is bummed out.
- Sheldon Dawson wrote a nice letter about Coach Richt after the firing.
- During the interview process, Boom promised a “new attitude” towards offense. Heh.
- Conferences are spreading the bowl money around more.
- Ed Aschoff has some job advice for Kirby Smart.
- The final Coaches Poll ballot came out yesterday, if you care. And, yeah, the coaches still do what they’ve always done.
- Kirby Smart talks about his first staff hire.
- This doesn’t sound good: “The NCAA disregarded the truth in the Reggie Bush case to reach a “predetermined conclusion” against the USC football program, casting new doubt about whether the Trojans should have been slammed with penalties in the case, according to a ruling Monday by a California appeals court.”