And I was really looking forward to watching that game.
Category Archives: Tim Tebow: Rock Star
As someone who once saw Georgia Tech authorize placing urinal cakes with a bulldog image on them in the toilets at gracious Bobby Dodd Stadium, let me just say that I don’t share the author’s sense of outrage over what some random fan did at the SECCG.
On the other hand, I am highly amused that someone thought this was important enough to let Clay Travis know about it.
“And I know Florida wants to hire a guy that’s well enough known you don’t have to Google his name.”
I was going to do a mock post on the chances of the GPOOE™ being named Florida’s next head coach, but I see Pat Dooley has taken the wind out of my sails by noting that some folks have already suggested that possibility. Seriously, of course.
Damn, it’s a shame Jeremy Foley has never been that desperate an athletic director.
A pre-game buffet for your dining pleasure.
- Will Muschamp calls into radio show that Jeremy Foley is covering for him. Hilarity ensues, if you’re a Gator fan, I guess.
- In the wake of the complaints from the Clemson game, Georgia announces it will come up with a new student seating plan.
- Finally, Tim Tebow does something everyone can appreciate.
- Here’s the latest Seth and Gentry Show, in which a certain blog receives mention.
- The O’Bannon plaintiffs will not appeal a federal judge’s ruling or injunction in their case against the NCAA.
- Nebraska fan has classic “you kids! get offa my lawn!” moment. (I have to admit “hip-hop hogwash” is a potential Lexicon candidate.)
- Snark about the South Carolina fan base.
- PAWWWLLL, that’s just not ‘Murican.
- It’s seems like there’s a “the most Alabama thing you’ll read today” story every week. Todays? “It was a very well-kept bathroom, as we would expect from such a perfect coach.” That’s a little creepy.
- Here’s what a big win will get you: Georgia now commands college football’s second-most expensive ticket prices on the secondary market.
Another career move I hope takes off so splendidly that he bids farewell to Finebaum…
It’s getting closer. So eat.
- If anybody deserves to have a great 2014, it’s Keith Marshall.
- Like he has any choice.
- This is one helluva story. Hope he makes it back to the field without problems.
- Nick Saban’s idea of not interfering with his offensive coordinator sounds like it might be different from most folks’. Can’t wait to see how Junior takes his advice.
- Phil Steele ranks homefield advantage. Georgia is tied for ninth.
- If you like busy looking pie charts, this review of conference affiliation over the last five years is right up your alley.
- First call of the year on Paul Johnson’s radio show wasn’t exactly filled with praise. Fire the screener!
If this is what passes for cutting edge analysis on the SEC Network…
Tebow, the former Heisman Trophy winner from Florida who spent three years in the NFL, is shifting gears to become an analyst and explained why “SEC Nation” chose the Vanderbilt-Ole Miss game as one of its first stops.
“It’s going to be a big game for Mississippi and for Vanderbilt,” said Tebow, who was in town for the Music City Sports Festival at Music City Center along with Spears, Finebaum and Tessitore.
“You’ve got a Mississippi team that has had great recruiting, and everyone hasn’t necessarily lived up to their potential. But I think Hugh Freeze is a good coach and I think (quarterback) Bo Wallace is going to have a good year. It’s going to be a good game for these teams because you’ve got a Vanderbilt team that’s coming off one of the best seasons it’s had in beating Tennessee, Florida and Georgia in the same year. Are they going to be able to have the same caliber of team with a new coaching staff? It’s going to be really interesting to see.”
… my Saturday mornings are going to stay pretty free.