A tidbit here, a tidbit there…
- Something to keep an eye on with this season’s Kentucky football team: “From that highly touted 2014 signing class, ranked No. 17 in the nation, UK was able to redshirt 16 players…” That includes redshirting every offensive linemen the current staff has signed.
- Bill Connelly ponders what the future of football analytics will bring.
Marc Weiszer Fletcher Page has a nice piece on this year’s Paul Oliver Network gathering.
- Les Miles thinks Matt Womack signing with Alabama is enough of a punishment for his program.
- So Andy Schwarz is being hired to produce the new report evaluating the report that led to the shutdown of the UAB football program? That’s beyond interesting, both for what he’ll have to say about UAB’s decision as well as shining a light on college athletic departments’ bookkeeping practices.
- Here’s another roundup of questions as SEC spring practices get underway.
- She may be a little girl, but she manages to hit on the essence of being a Georgia Tech fan in one sentence.
- Speaking of Tech, the computer hacker has been sentenced, but “The district attorney said he believes Pickren entered a guilty plea, meaning failure to complete the program would bring the student back to court for further sentencing.” So you’re saying there’s a chance?
Indulge yourself a little.
Les Miles, baby, for the win.
Dig in. Big night ahead.
- Due to health concerns, Archie Manning isn’t sure he’ll be back on the selection committee.
- And Bill Hancock says the selection committee may meet less in 2015. Has he run that by ESPN?
- Leading the search for LSU’s next defensive coordinator are Les Miles, assistant director of football operations Dean Dingman… and Miles’ agent, George Bass.
- Don’t know if this is an outlier, an indication of how offenses have changed college football or something to do with a four-team playoff format, but stopping the run doesn’t look like it’s been a key to winning a national title this season.
- Jon Wilner estimates that the CFP has resulted in another $18.4 million for the Pac-12/$1.53 million for each of its member schools over what the BCS generated. It’s profitable to settle things on the field!
- “I played at the FBS (level), and I can honestly say the only difference between FBS and FCS is depth.”
- Chad Kelly has his second chance. SEC need, baby!
No, it’s not Hollywood’s latest buddy flick. It’s my favorite offseason rumor.
Needless to say, I’m disappointed somebody had to go out there and spoil it with, you know, real news: “A source close to the LSU staff told The Advocate that Zook is not a serious candidate.” Damn it!
Hey, I’m not giving up. This is Les Miles we’re talking about here. Some of those fourth down calls weren’t serious, either.
Another day, another buffet.
Filed under Academics? Academics., Auburn's Cast of Thousands, BCS/Playoffs, Big Ten Football, Gators, Gators..., Georgia Football, James Franklin Is Ready To Rumble, Recruiting, SEC Football, Wit And Wisdom From The Hat
Some pre-weekend nibbles for your reading pleasure: