Technically, they still have a pulse, so I’ll keep tracking the numbers until we start shoveling dirt over the corpse.
Again, I’m following seven conference statistical results that correlated with the three seasons in which Georgia won the East (2002, 2003 and 2005).
- Hold opponents under 17 points per game.
- Finish at least +.67 per game in turnover margin.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage.
- Finish in the top three in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage.
- Finish at least third in sacks.
With the third game in the books, here’s where the conference tale of the tape stands for Georgia:
- Scoring defense: 18.3 ppg.
- Turnover margin: +.33 pg.
- Total offense: 340.7 ypg.
- Total defense ranking: eighth.
- First downs ranking: eleventh.
- Passing yardage ranking: fifth.
- Sacks ranking: sixth.
Given the opponent and outcome last Saturday, no real surprises there. They don’t play any real offensive powerhouses in the next few weeks, so look for the defensive stats to improve.