Quick summaries of what’s going on around the world of college athletics:
- Yesterday, Kent State became the first program to suspend spring practice and cancelled its spring game.
- Virginia followed suit.
- Ohio State cancelled its spring game.
- So did Michigan. Michigan has also suspended spring practice until at least April 21.
- Ohio State has also suspended recruiting visits to its campus and won’t allow its coaches to visit recruits during the spring.
- Baylor is suspending spring practice and recruiting activities.
- The Ivy League has cancelled all spring sports.
- Fans are barred from March Madness.
To call this situation fluid is an understatement. I’m sure there will be plenty more developments we’ll learn of today.