Nibbles from around the world of college football:
- According to Mike Leach, Will Rogers was the first true freshman quarterback he’s worked with.
- Here’s Athlon’s fairly milquetoast analysis of Florida’s 2021 schedule.
- Who has coached the most seasons in Kentucky football history?
- Roll ‘Bama Roll’s take on 2021 Georgia: “The defense of course will always be elite, the running game is loaded, and if Kirby finally finds some wideouts to let JT Daniels take the top off, the Bulldogs are legit. They would actually be my favorite…if you can trust Kirby Smart 15 times in one season.”
- Dick Vitale isn’t happy with the new NCAA transfer rule.
- Meet former UGA player Wix Patton, who gave up football to pursue a music career. (h/t Hunkering Hank)
- From Chip Towers’ update on G-Day: “Unfortunately, traditional tailgating still will not be allowed. Fans will be directed into designated parking lots and won’t be allowed to set up tents, grills or television sets.” Don’t say you weren’t warned.
Turns out they put it out on the intertubes, for free!
Shit, they ought to put it on pay-per-view. I’d watch.
He was so upset by that, he forgot to blame Mark Richt for losing control.
I don’t know, Coach. Finishing 3-7 is pretty damned joyless, if you ask me.
The Pirate gets testy at last night’s presser.
Somebody asked me for a Leach post this week and I knew if I waited long enough, the perfect moment would come.
Finger lickin’ good… sort of.
I have no idea what this means, although I’m guessing Rudy Giuliani is taking notes.
At least Leach can pretend the threat worked, since they’re still coming to Athens.
That sounds… unpleasant.
Quite the resume here:
At least you have to admire his versatility.
I went back and watched some of the tape again from the LSU-MSU game. Pelini played man coverage all game and Leach/Costello just ate that up. Washington showed the way to defend Leach’s Air Raid — play zone and wait for the screw ups. When you throw the ball 60+ times in a game, they’re bound to happen.
It’ll be interesting to see what Smart and Lanning have in store for Leach, that’s for sure.