Since most of the conference was force fed a diet of cupcakes, it’s hard to set too much in stone this early. For example, Georgia was outplayed by Boise State in its loss, but does anyone really think Kentucky looked better in its 11-point win over Western Kentucky?
Certainly not this guy.
- LSU. When you’re the SEC team that beats a top-five school, you’re gonna start in the top slot.
- Alabama. The most predictable performance of the weekend.
- Arkansas. The Hogs efficiently devoured their cupcake.
- Mississippi State. Dominating a wretched opponent is what a good SEC team is supposed to do.
- Florida. I feel like this is a bit of a reach, but the Gators didn’t show their arse in their opener, unlike the next school.
- South Carolina. Spurrier’s games with his quarterbacks pay dividends against East Carolina. His team had better not turn the ball over four times this week.
- Auburn. Pulling out a last-minute home win against a school that hasn’t had a winning season in a couple of decades isn’t a good sign.
- Tennessee. A meh win against Montana? Not exactly a mark of greatness.
- Georgia. Outcoached again. But there’s a chance for redemption this Saturday.
- Kentucky. The ugliest SEC win I’ve seen since Auburn’s 3-2 abomination.
- Vanderbilt. I wanted to rank the Commodores higher, but 83rd nationally in total offense after playing Elon? I’m not crazy.
- Mississippi. Good looking punting game. Not much else, though.