Situation unchanged: dominant at the top, sorry at the bottom and jostling for position in the middle.
- LSU (6-0, 3-0). So scary that opponents’ starting quarterbacks are getting hurt the week before they play the Tigers.
- Alabama (6-0, 3-0). Marking time until November 5.
- Arkansas (5-1, 1-1). The Hogs look good when they play a little defense.
- South Carolina (5-1, 3-1). So that’s what pulling out all the stops against the worst team in the conference looks like.
- Georgia (4-2, 3-1). Hey, have you heard about the Bulldogs’ schedule?
- Auburn (4-2, 2-1). If the Tigers don’t find a passing game soon, they’ll slide some more.
- Florida (4-2, 2-2). In six games, Florida has yielded 115 points. 112 of those have come in SEC play.
- Mississippi State (3-3, 0-3). Win, shwin. Any week in which you allow UAB to hold its first lead of the season ain’t a good one.
- Tennessee (3-2, 0-2). In his presser, Dooley rambled about bamboo and water, which I guess is zenspeak for “you can’t win in this conference without a running game”.
- Vanderbilt (3-2, 1-2). If giving Alabama one tough half is progress, then the Commodores are progressing.
- Ole Miss (2-3, 0-2). The bye week wasn’t long enough. Next up: Alabama.
- Kentucky (2-4, 0-3). Vanderbilt minus the defense.