Illinois? Illinois? What were you thinking, Blutarsky? Forgive me, football gods, for I have sinned. I will strive to do better with this week’s ballot.
- Boise State
- Oklahoma State
- This week it came down to choosing the team ranked 100th in total defense or the team ranked 94th in total offense for the tenth spot. I held my nose and went with Oklahoma State over Kansas State.
- Ironically, I think I saw a quote from Mike Gundy along the lines of there being three great teams in college football this season: Alabama, LSU and Oklahoma. He’s right about that. Almost every other team on my list has question marks, such as the ones I’ve already mentioned in making the last pick, or horrendous strength of schedule numbers, like Wisconsin’s (Sagarin’s #131) and Stanford’s (Sagarin’s #90).
- You know what school besides those top three doesn’t? Clemson, believe it or not.
- The school I’m starting to feel guilty about leaving off the list is Houston. The 6-0 Cougars have a stronger SOS ranking (Sagarin’s #120) than Wisconsin does.
- Ballot composition took about 25 minutes. I’d say at least twenty of those minutes came from staring at my navel about the tenth slot.