I promised to keep you abreast of the tweaks and developments being made to the Mumme Poll for this season. So here’s something new for everyone to chew on.
No, we’re not adding a preseason poll.
Instead, we’ll be adding several voices to the commentary once the ballots start flowing, for the purpose of spicing up the content for you. That’s right, each week along with my keen insight that kept almost half of our voters engaged in the process last year, you’ll also be hearing from this motley crew of college football blogging gurus:
- Tidefan and Oskie, of 3rd Saturday in Blogtober
- Chris Brown, of Smart Football
- David Hale, of Bulldogs Blog
- Jerry Hinnen, of The Joe Cribbs Car Wash
- Michael Elkon, of Braves and Birds
- Jason, of Eleven Warriors
- Kevin HD, of Black Shoe Diaries
- Mergz, of Saurian Sagacity
- Ed Gunther, of The National Championship Issue
- Kevan Lee, of One Bronco Nation Under God
Seriously, that’s an impressive bunch who should give you a lot to look forward to. There’s a good variety of allegiances and perspectives represented there. Somebody’s bound to get under your skin sooner or later.
The plan is for the group to post their poll-inspired thoughts with each weekly ballot. You’ll certainly be given the opportunity to respond. All in all, it should lead to some lively debate on the subject, which is all we can ask.
There will be more news about the poll and the new site that I’ll post here as we get closer and closer to the launch point. Rest assured that Tidefan will have the setup in place prior to the fifth week of the season, so that you’ll have plenty of time to register and we can go through one practice vote (as we did last year) to make sure the process functions properly. Stay tuned.