We’re at a point in the season when, with the exception of Mississippi State, Arkansas and Vanderbilt, every team has beaten some other team, so you can save the “Team X lost to Team Y, so Y should be higher” analysis for somebody else, thanks.
On the other hand, if you want to argue that the West is a damned sight better than the East, you won’t hear a peep out of me.
- Mississippi State. Maybe it wasn’t pretty, but at the end of the day, the Bulldogs are 8-0, 5-0, and nobody else in the conference can make the same claim.
- Auburn. I see Gus Malzahn’s rabbit’s foot is back.
- Alabama. Ole Miss loses again? Nice bye week, Tide.
- Mississippi. For finishing fourth in the East, we have these lovely parting gifts for you…
- LSU. Sure, there’s still a chance, but I’m not sure even Les can pull this one off.
- Missouri. Has a real shot at being the weakest SEC East champ ever.
- Georgia. The SEC’s little girl with the little curl. The question is how many more times the Dawgs will be horrid.
- Florida. There will be a lot more Florida fans claiming they were at this year’s Cocktail Party game than actually showed up.
- Texas A&M. 243 total yards… against Louisiana Monroe. Perhaps that’s a sign you’re not the offensive juggernaut you thought you were.
- Kentucky. Didn’t put up much of a fight against a Missouri team that’s not exactly dominant.
- Tennessee. The Vols have Steve Spurrier’s number of late, which is more than you can say about some teams.
- South Carolina. Spurrier held a 54-second press conference after this week’s loss, which is just a few more seconds than the number of points his team allowed.
- Arkansas. Bret Bielema just wishes his team could play Vanderbilt.
- Vanderbilt. With the last cupcake win on the books, Vandy can start dreaming about next season.