It’s getting closer…
- Great article by Tim Tucker on Georgia’s antitrust suit against the NCAA. Can you imagine what that 1980 season would have been like under the current broadcast arrangements?
- Pat Dye on the SEC: “If you don’t win at Alabama, they ought to fire your ass. Same thing at Tennessee, Florida and Georgia. I’d even say that’s the case at South Carolina and Auburn. Oh, and LSU and Arkansas.” (h/t The Wiz of Odds)
- Gary Danielson on Stephen Garcia: “His light flickers.”
- In case you were wondering what the conventional wisdom of SEC beat writers might be as to the upcoming season, here you go.
- Here’s a nifty little study of last year’s SEC offensive lines (h/t Jerry Hinnen). Think Les Miles may have any regrets about letting Stacy Searels go?
- And here’s a preview of Georgia Tech’s defense. It’s a pretty honest assessment – that front seven looks mighty thin.
- Jeremiah Masoli still doesn’t have NCAA clearance to play.
- PSA: I’m just passing this on, but a reader e-mailed me yesterday to say that she was able to order tickets for the Ge0rgia-South Carolina game at the Gamecocks’ official site.