- Has Smart had a change of heart about Georgia’s running game? Count me in the I’ll-believe-it-when-I-see-it camp.
- One thing I don’t get about 2017 win projections is why there’s a general assumption about how the Georgia-Auburn game is going to play out. After all, “Auburn hasn’t hit over 8.5 wins since going 12-2 in 2013 and has only done so three times since 2007. Georgia, on the other hand, has gone over 8.5 wins four times since 2011, including a 12-2 mark in 2012 and back-to-back years of 10-3 in 2014 and 2015.”
- Screw signing days, says Bob Bowlsby, who likes the idea of signing periods.
- Speaking of Bowlsby, is there a dumber idea in college football than a championship game for a conference that plays a round-robin schedule? It will serve the Big 12 right if that game screws it out of a playoff spot.
- Seth Emerson asks a good question about Georgia’s defense. The timing sure would be nice.
- And here’s another good question, in this case, about Title IX in the context of colleges paying athletes. It’s about time somebody asked.
- Way to go, Tom Herman.