The results are in.
A total of 250 ballots were cast, so interest cooled from last week for some reason. I wonder what that might be. Average number of teams was 8.7 per ballot.
The breakdown by conference isn’t too surprising.
One thing we tracked this week was how much time everyone spent putting their ballot together. Here’s how that broke down:
I’ll keep saying it — approval voting is so easy, a coach wouldn’t even need to outsource his vote to an SID.
A few random observations:
- Nice South Carolina trolling from five of you. Well played.
- Among others receiving votes this week: Ohio, Wyoming, Wake Forest and Louisiana. Obviously my message about reviewing your ballot before casting it needs some work.
- The top tier, which I define as teams appearing on at least 90% of all ballots cast, is down to five. But keep an eye on Wisconsin.
- As was the case last week, no team appeared on every single ballot.
- One thing I’ll say for the Mumme Poll over the AP and Coaches Polls this week is that at least we don’t have to explain why Notre Dame is ranked higher than Georgia.