It’s a muggy morning, so settle in with these:
- Bernie Machen and Michael Adams sound like they’re moving towards an extension on a deal to keep the WLOCP in Jacksonville, which isn’t that surprising. Adams claiming to have a warm spot for anyone outside of his immediate family is, though.
- Rapture’s coming.
- Title IX is 37 years old today. I think any reasonable person would agree that it’s succeeded in its goal to provide for greater opportunities for women to participate in collegiate sports. Then, again, you have those who complain about women’s wrestling not being an NCAA sport. Of course, the real issue continues to be football and its 85 scholarships. That’s why women’s crew is an NCAA sport.
- The strange, sad saga of Mitch Mustain gets curiouser and curiouser.
- John Pennington finds himself lamely defending his lame “hot seat” post.
- And you know you’re going to enjoy an SEC prediction piece that leads off with “TEBOW WON’T LOSE”.
- See – this is what Chadd Scott and Paul Finebaum have started. In response, all I can say is “Ich bin ein Atlantan.”