Line up and dig in.
- The long reach of Nevin Shapiro. (It’s not just football, either.)
- Jason Kirk notes that Alabama is far from the only school grayshirting recruits this year. (In fact, this move by Tennessee to grayshirt a questionable prospect to get his friend to switch from Vanderbilt (!) seems more obnoxious.)
- Matt Hinton on the spread continuing to spread.
- And Vic Koenning on what that means for college defensive coordinators.
- If Spurrier is hanging around in hopes of putting the final polish on his legacy, is it wrong for me to hope that Georgia makes him stay in Columbia longer than he’d like by denying him that? (That was a rhetorical question, if you were wondering.)
- This probably doesn’t help his chances.
- When a school leaves a conference, you can count on the lawyers showing up.
- Stanley Williams needs to learn the First Rule of Holes.