Call this week The West Also Rises. The East is now officially a jumbled mess.
- Alabama. The Tide is back in its greased groove. How boring.
- LSU. Won without Mettenberger being a factor. Why do I think that makes Les Miles very happy?
- Texas A&M. Hey, remember all those grave warnings from the pundit class about how Johnny Manziel’s offseason activities would affect his play? Good times.
- South Carolina. It doesn’t take long for the OBC to get his smug back on.
- Missouri. A well-coached team. But now it’s a well-coached team missing its starting quarterback.
- Georgia. Injured, inconsistent and last in scoring defense is no way to go through the SEC, son.
- Florida. Getting shut down by a defense that had allowed its last two opponents to average 7 yards per play makes it official: the Gators’ offense sucks.
- Auburn. Killing a team that lost to Samford by 39 and five bucks gets you a latte at Starbucks.
- Ole Miss. Two years in a row of being close, but no cigar with TAMU.
- Vanderbilt. You think Jordan Matthews isn’t a little psyched up about playing against Georgia’s secondary this week?
- Mississippi State. Underwhelmingly, the Bulldogs eked out an underwhelming one-point win at home against a MAC squad in an underwhelming game. Did I mention how underwhelming MSU is?
- Tennessee. Not a good bye week when Missouri managed to dampen the glow of the Vols’ impressive moral victory against Georgia.
- Arkansas. Happy homecoming: the Hogs get pounded by South Carolina, then have to endure Spurrier’s faux sympathy afterwards.
- Kentucky. The conference’s yin to Alabama’s yang.