Here’s what’s happening:
- South Carolina at Vanderbilt +12.5. Sure, I’d love to see Boom struggle again, but we’re talking Vanderbilt here. The ‘Dores are… um, not good. ‘Cocks cover.
- Florida at Texas A&M +6.5. This is one of those lines that make you scratch your head and wonder what Vegas knows and you don’t. That being said, taking the Gators sure looks like easy money to me.
- Arkansas at Auburn -16.5. What’s funny here is that both teams have a common opponent prism through which to gaze. I don’t think Arky is as good as Georgia made them look in the first half and I don’t think Auburn is as bad as Georgia made them look for an entire game. However, the Tigers losing Britt for the season in time for what looks to be a fairly low scoring game is just enough to sway me to pick the Hogs to lose, but cover the spread.
- Alabama at Ole Miss +24.5. That’s a big number, driven by how bad Ole Miss’ defense is. But the offense is good enough — and Junior’s the kind of guy who won’t stop — to make me think this game screams back door cover. OM isn’t in the game from early on, but scores enough late to cover.
- Mississippi State at Kentucky -3.5. I know the instinct here is to assume MSU blew its wad in the opener, but did you know that, with a whopping 195.63, Kentucky is last in D-1 in defensive passer rating? Bulldogs not only cover, but win outright.
- LSU at Missouri +20.5. They changed the site of the game, but they didn’t change Missouri’s roster. LSU covers.