I took off my Florida Gators cap before I posted this.
- Speaking of the Gators, it sounds like they’ve had a rough camp.
- Mike Bobo is staying on the field this season.
- How do you write an article about ESPN hyping certain teams for the BCS without a single mention of Herbstreit?
- In case you were worried, Orrin Hatch vows to keep fighting the good fight with the BCS.
- This is not a drill: everybody out of the Whitney Hotel.
- Spurrier gets his groove back about Tennessee: “We’re not going to bail out from playing North Carolina the way Tennessee did.”
- My Georgia preview, in the form of a Q&A at The ACC and SEC Blog, is here.
- Phil Steele breaks down every D-1 program by experience on the two deep, and the results are interesting. He rates Auburn as having the most experienced team in the SEC, and Vandy LSU as the least. But Florida and Alabama show up as pretty green, too.
- “It was like a business under (Kiffin),” said UT’s senior fullback. “It was run like the NFL.” That was meant as criticism.