Grab that plate and get your fill, folks.
- Well done, young man – Drew Butler wins the Ray Guy Award as the nation’s best punter in his first season on the job.
- If the Zooker can’t recruit, what’s the point to having him as your head coach?
- It looks like the Outback Bowl folks knew what they were doing when they invited Auburn. (And how many tickets to the ACCCG did Georgia Tech sell?)
- This round of coaching musical chairs surprised me: Florida’s Billy Gonzales is moving on to LSU. (And make sure you read the comments in the second paragraph of the post.) [UPDATE: Meyer’s already moved to hire a replacement for Gonzales.]
- On the other hand, news of Florida juniors leaving early for the NFL draft doesn’t surprise me.
- And at least Florida doesn’t have one recruiting advantage over Georgia right now.
- James Carville commenting on Ari Fleischer’s role as BCS media flak is as amusing as you might expect.
- Rex Robinson responds to the recent heated criticism he’s taken in response to a post at his blog.
- The AJ-C‘s Tim Tucker blogged about this yesterday, but here’s the actual link to the posting of the open position for defensive coordinator at Georgia. Yeah, the “Standing for long periods of time” qualification is pretty funny, but I’m disappointed that the field for ‘Closing Date’ reads “Open Until Filled”. What, does that mean Richt won’t close the deal on Kirby Smart by the end of the day today? This is just more proof that he’s letting the program slide! (NOTE: Sarcasm alert, for those of you who are snark-impaired.)