The line is open, so grab a plate.
- SEC Network announcement is postponed in the wake of the Boston Marathon tragedy.
- I don’t know what it is about Les Miles and head coach rankings, but Athlon, it’s real simple: any head coach with a national title and a program that’s a perennial contender in the SEC West is a better head coach than Dan Mullen, for starters.
- Another weird list. I mean, Jeremy Hill is one of the top ten players to watch in the SEC? Good player and all, but still…
- Texas State’s move to FBS football has its costs.
- Georgia Tech decides it needs to go shopping for recruits out of state, while Vanderbilt keeps adding on Georgia kids. I guess James Franklin agrees with the Genius: “I certainly think there’s people in Georgia that can meet the academics.”
- Year2 looks at how technology is running ahead of NCAA recruiting rules. No surprise there.
- He also maps SEC historical series here and SEC East historical series here, if you’re interested.
- Possible opening day note: Clemson loses its starting TE to ACL tear suffered in spring game.