And a few observations:
- ‘Bama leads the list, with seven total. Predictions of a dynasty ending may be a bit premature.
- Second place goes to LSU, with four. Chase and Stingley are picked as the conference’s offensive and defensive players of the year. And this is the team some pick to finish as low as fourth in the West?
- No TAMU players, speaking of teams expected to finish ahead of LSU.
- Trask at QB is a lazy pick. Costello is a bolder choice.
- Two Georgia players, with zero on the offensive side of the ball. Depth is nice, but having a game changer or two helps, as well.